Sunday, May 31, 2009

I am Stingy

No more teasing, I will share the plan to visit Miss Pink.

We live around 4 hours away from each other; I don't drive, and I am not taking T shopping, he'd have a heart attack at the sheer volume of "ooooh, pretty!". PCC lives in the shopping Mecca of our state, and I want to go visit her, and chill in my spiritual home, with someone who understands me.

Of course, the minute things slowed down enough at work for me to actually get away for more than 24 hours, my hours got sliced by 2/3. Not helpful. Our budget is tight enough, without that. The trip down and back would cost me 2 MAC e/s. Which sounds stingy, but when you have to assess your budget to try to fit in 2 takeaway coffees per week, and a third requires serious financial debate, it's a big deal.

So, this week, Mr20 came to my rescue. Students get severely reduced fares. Less than a cup of coffee for him and Miss18 there and back. I am student, I am studying IT and Tourism at my local TAFE (Itis boooooooring). So I should be able to get that same fare. Whch means I can go visit with a clear conscience - and I can shop a little bit! Wooooo!!

I know that I probably sound like a stingy bitch, and a lousy friend. And in some ways, I am. I want to enjoy my break, and if I have $20 to spend all weekend, it's not going to happen. I want to enjoy my time out, not spend it stressing over moolah.

So yeah, in the next 2 weeks I will investigate this, and if all goes to plan, by the end of the month, I will be visiting Her Pinkness.

2 comments:

  1. Rosie, I would come up and get you hon!

    Oh and as for the other business involving your legal situation, I never had any doubts! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Rosie, that's great news! I don't think you sound mean and stingy at all, makes perfect sense to me!

    ReplyDelete