Sunday, May 31, 2009

Thank You

So, now you know the extent of my mean-ness. Financially anyway. I wish it wasn't that way, but it is.

As I was writing that last post it struck me how very lucky I am to have the friends I do. I know that, but it really drove home today.

The last 5 years have been Hellacious, caught up in a legal battle that ended with a whimper, not the catastrophic bang we were bracing for. Which is great, in many ways, don't get me wrong.

What I realised during my last post is that I am incredibly fortunate to have the wonderful, supportive friends that I do. I can count on 1 hand the number of people who knew the full story, and, not a one of them ever expressed any doubt that we were in the right, or was anything less than incredibly supportive. Given the nature of the case, neither of us would have blamed them for walking away. And yet, they didn't. Every one of them stuck.

Miss Pink earns special mention because of her profession. What she does brings her into contact with both sides of this story, or rather similar ones, and I was utterly terrified that this would bias her against us. I am an idiot. In my defence, I was under incredible stress. I still feel guilty for misjudging her so badly.

So, to all my wonderful friends, 99% of whom will never read this, and especially to the Adorables, a huge THANK YOU for your support, and belief. You kept me together, through Hell, and even now, as I make my way back, you keep me on track.

2 comments:

  1. Rosie, I'm sending you lots of cyber hugs, I'm so glad you're getting through this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What doesn't break you, only makes you stronger...

    ReplyDelete