Monday, June 22, 2009

Ah bum!!!

I have once again, been to the doctor for what was, for years, diagnosed as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. And finally, I have a hope of a diagnosis that makes sense!! The doctor, after reviewing my files, thinks I have an Inflammatory Disorder! I have Googled (yes, yes, I know, self-diagnosis and treatment are bad) and the symptoms fit sooooooo well. I know the doctor explained, but I was trying to get my head around the fact that I had to have blood taken, and a shot of antibiotics, while my skin feels like 1 great big bruise.

Blood results will be back tomorrow, I am on oral antibiotics, and I go back Friday for another review and chat.

I think The Mister is feeling a bit guilty at the moment, I got home and told him what had been said and done at the Doctor, and his comment was "How can they say inflammation? you aren't sore anywhere." I didn't get angry, or even upset, I just looked him in the face and said "Actually, my entire body feels like a giant bruise, has done for days, that's why I got the appointment." and left it. So now someone is battling the guilts.

I am so tired, I just want to sleep for a week. Which is part of what is wrong with me. I have the electric blanket cranked up, a bottle of water, the TV. And no chocolate. Because it's been upsetting my tum.

No comments:

Post a Comment