Monday, July 6, 2009

*Bawling in frustration*


So, tonight I lost my phone charger. No biggy, you say. Well, in the grand scheme of things, no. But, in my world, where everyone else and their crap comes first - always, it's a huge deal. If their stuff goes AWOL, everyone has to drop everything, and hunt til it's found. Without whining.

To be fair, they did help me look. But they all kept telling me to calm down. I DON'T WANT TO CALM DOWN!!! I want to yell and scream and rail at the world. I am fed up with coming last in everyone's estimation, including my own. I have no idea how I am going to get through the next 6 months without committing murder........

Anyway, now I have that off my chest - I am going tp put up a picture of my Dad's 'occassion/event' cardigan. He wore it through the '70's, on weekends. The '80's it didn't make an appearance, as he was in a 7 day a week job, except Easter and Christmas. It came out once or twice in the '90's, and not at all in the noughties - we talked about burying him in that, or his maroon suit, but went with his old, comfy work gear, slippers and the ever-present hat.

Anyway, here is the cardi - when I find a picture, I will show you the suit.



Notice the detail............





Do not get me wrong, stylistically challenged or not, I loved my Dad, and I miss him every single day. He played a huge part in making me who I am today, and, while I know that he knew I loved him wth all my heart, I just wish I could have seen him 1 more time, to tell him again. And then, to pour my heart out to him, and hear him tell me what a load of shite it all is, and that I'll get through it. And then sit, sip a cuppa (or a beer) listening to ABC radio, or just the silence, for hours on end.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that is a monstrosity of a cardi! No wonder you can't abide them on men now! Your Dad sounds like a good sort by the way xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you lots of hugs Rosie. Come over here for a while, I'll look after you.

    ReplyDelete