Friday, July 10, 2009

Oh, and............

.............. the reason the whole Make an Effort thing was waiting til 2010......

There's no bluddy room in this house. We are like sardines. I have nowhere to store my clothes (currently all in a suitcase in the lounge where I sleep). I am constantly in the garden/being thrown up on by a baby/the house is a mess due to crowding, thus my clothes will be wrecked. I am not mentally in a place where I am motivated to try that hard. Yet. Notice, I say yet.

It's been a long, hard road to get to the point where I can even assess the need for a decent 'robe. I am taking baby steps - I bought new earrings, a 'statement' ring, a bracelet, and I am of course, wearing my wedding/engagement bands every day, as well as my necklaces for Mum/Dad and Mum/Pete. And the one my sister gave me.

I have been totally unmotivated. My world was crashing down around me, and I was so busy holding things together, I wasn't worried about my appearance, just surviving. Then I had to give up my cat, and that nearly killed me. Now I am starting to think I need to look a bit (or rather a helluva lot) better. Effort must be made, but before I do it physically, I have to get there mentally. I am working on it.

I still have my bad days, where I want to hide. But I don't. The people who accept me in my Feral Bogan clothes will accept me when I try. And anyone who doesn't understand that clothes do not maketh the person, well, pity them. They are missing out. And no, I am not that conceited. Miss23 dresses in Feral Bogan clothes, but she is a wonderfully sweet, daft, vague, well-spoken young lady, with a huge heart and a gentle nature. And quite a powerful intellect. Judge a book by it's cover, or a person by their attire, at your own peril.

2 comments:

  1. I agree too Rosie...when I'm home I like to be comfortable, in trackie dacs. Sometimes it's nice to feel a bit boganish..LOL

    We are all here for you...all your cyber pals.*hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks babe - you have all kept me going through it - you must be sick of me by now. xo

    ReplyDelete