Monday, July 27, 2009

This time next week.........

........ I will be on the other side of the globe, in Summer. Relaxing after 20-30 hours in planes and airports, and missing my kids.

I have about a million things to do (ok, not really), and a couple of *minor* decisions to make (take Parlux/leave Parlux at home). So yeah.

But we are almost ready to go, The Mister has to pack. I have to do the last bits of mine (the Parlux), my reading material for the flight. I have to (well, I don't have to, but am going to) pick up a few essentials for the household. Oh, and tomorrow we have to order a mobile phone to be delivered to the place we will be staying at, cheaper than Telstra International Roaming.

The 1 thing I have to do - which I kind of don't want to, is go see my Uncle Tom. He is in a nursing home, after being in a 'retirement village' for the past 18 months, which I had no idea how to get to. He was in hospital for 10 days before any of us knew, and we only found out because one of his nurses knew Mum, and rang to say "Did you know?"

He has had a toe removed. As a result of gangrene. So will likely not be here when we get back, and even if he is, his mind will be gone. I don't want to go see him, I want to remember him how he was, and it will kill The Mister, his Dad went the same way. But I have to, some part of me is insisting. I'm blubbing now, crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment