Friday, September 4, 2009

Heading back tomorrow.........

........... and on the one hand I am excited (see the children) and on the other not (all the wonderful people here, and the mountains). But we will be back.

Thanks to my woeful kidney (cracked up the other week) I missed my chance to see the Bellagio ceiling, as flying was definitely out of the question. I am now on a no dairy, no caffeine, no sugar, no alcohol, avoid salt and fats where possible diet. No, not a 'diet' diet, this is how I have to eat for the rest of my life. Minimum 3 litres of water a day. *sigh*

On the up side, I have lost an inch off my tyre - I know this by the way my shirt looks on me. This is due to the whole avoiding certain foods things. When we get home I will be starting up running again, or at least, jumping on the exercise machine in the lounge. It all depends on the weather. Raining, on the machine. Not raining; out running.

This eating plan is my idea, the doctor I spoke to backed me, as he (and every other doctor I have ever seen) has NFI what is wrong with me. The general consensus is that they will give it a 19th Century name, and leave it at that. I am allowing exceptions:

My mother's wedding. 1 glass champagne and whatever I want to eat.

Karen's wedding. 1 glass of champagne and whatever I want to eat.

My children's milestones; 18ths, 21sts, babies arriving, engagements and weddings, same deal.

If I am at someone's home, and they have gone to the trouble of preparing a meal, with dairy or whatever in it, I will eat it. Store-bought no. Homemade, yes.

I got an email from UTAS today, it seems that the Business course I wanted to do is being shifted to Hobart from next year - which will make doing it rather more challenging. As anything to do with Business is going to be challenging enough, I am looking at doing Regional Resource Management, which is available only at the campus closest to me (still 90 minutes each way by bus), and has components of Tourism in it, along with a truckload of business subjects. So that may be the way to go.

In terms of my mental health, I am 99% sure I am going to hit a bump when we get back, The Mister did last time, and I am pretty sure I will too. This place grabs you, and it doesn't like to let go.

My relationship with said Mister is much better here, he is like the man I fell in love with - I think it is almost purely environmental. His moodiness and general depression that is. I am somehow not surprised. I hope it carries over once we are back, but am not overly optimistic. At least I know he is still in there. There is hope.

The shopping here is great, but I didn't go too bonkers. I got a bit of B&BW Warm Vanilla Sugar stuff, a pair of shoes (Kenneth Cole), a pair of jeans (Bitten by SJP), a random T-shirt, and 6 eyeliners (2 M.A.C. and 4 Sephora brand). Mr14 did really well - 6 T-shirts, 2 pairs of shorts, a pair of jeans and a truckload of candy.

To help me get over the inevitable bump, I have a plan:

'Dress' at least a little every day - rather than living in trackpants.

Wear some form of makeup 5 days a week, even if it's just clear mascara.

Do something with my hair every day, even if it's just a pony with a quiff.

Take some 'me' time every single week. A couple of hours minimum.

Keep on top of maintenance - hair every 6 weeks, brows every 3. Always.

Get back into exercising.

This is a long-term plan. I am thinking that if I do this, it will help me beat this accursed depression. I am tired of dealing with it every damn day. And I will beat it. Because there is no other option.

2 comments:

  1. Your plans sound good! Plans in list form are the best kind.

    And I definitely think that making more of an effort where one's exterior is concerned has a positive effect - although I am an avid fan of schlepping around the house with a greasy mop and some of the daggiest clothes in the history of humankind, the days I manage to leave the house looking half-decent I feel more up-beat.

    For the makeup, have you tried that mineral foundation stuff? I was never one for makeup, but it is pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comment, and the support.

    I have mineral foundation, I love it. But I am lazy. Shockingly so.

    ReplyDelete