Friday, January 1, 2010

The Year of Self - aka My Accidental New Year's Resolution

I don't know how it happened, I swear. I never make New Year's Resolutions anymore, because I never follow through. But somehow, I made one this year. At the 11th hour as it were......

It's all the fault of Mr20's school, they sent me a refund for a payment I made ages ago, and I forgot about. As you do. And, as I was killing off the last of 2009 looking on eBay for one of my To Buy in 2010 items (a nice leather bag), I fell head over heels in love, spent a good chunk of the refund (with no guilt), and my resolution was born.

The bag is gorgeous, the remainder of the refund is still intact, and I am rather proud of myself. I have made a resolution that I will be able to follow. And I started the year off with a shopping high- always a good feeling.

I have re-assessed the Shopping Ban, and am giving myself permission to put myself first. I will still bank a chunk of every week's wage, but I am going to make sure that I don't miss out, in favour of everyone else.

So, here's to 2010, the start of a new decade, and the next step on the journey out of the dark.

1 comment:

  1. Good on you Rosie, that's a great resolution! Happy new year! xxx

    ReplyDelete