Monday, January 18, 2010

The Year of Self list

As I said a few posts ago, this is officially the Year of Self. And in that vein, I am making a list of things to acquire/do. I have managed to make it to every one of my hair/brow appointments for the past 3 months - not 1 cancellation. This is a minor miracle for me. And a big step forward.

So, the lists. We'll start with Things To Do:

Work hard at Uni, get good grades and have fun.

Get my Learners, and get 200 hours practice by the end of the 12 months I have it.

Get a working wardrobe. Not a 'work wardrobe', but a wardrobe I can pull together an outfit for any occassion, at any time, without hair tearing and tears.

Get a list of employers to hit for my cadetship.

Wear the wardrobe I acquire - not live in old faithfuls all the time.


Things To Acquire:

Chocolate brown leather boots, knee high, with a 2-3 inch heel.

Items to make up the working wardrobe.

Jo Malone Vanille et Anise - want to try it out first though.

Added:

Get a Hot Stone massage - I have never had a massage (it's a trust/control issue)

Have a manicure, and try to get a pedicure. I won't promise the pedi, I have a thing about my feet being touched, but I am goint to try.

4 comments:

  1. Eeeeeeeeeeh! What an exciting time in your life!! You go girlfriend! I think a trip to where I live is required for the items you wish to acquire! Do you hear me R O A D T R I P!!!!!

    In reference to the Jo Malone Vanilla and Anise - I will grab you a sample when I am in Melbourne in a couple of weeks. I was so excited to try this but I ended up getting it for my Hubby for Christmas. It smells like chocolate aniseed rings, definitely heavier on the Anise than the Vanilla. I found it a bit masculine for my taste but on J Nom Nom Nom!!

    You are inspiration Miss Looking For A Light In The Dark. I hope that on this journey of discovery you will find the light you seek at the end of the tunnel. You so richly deserve every success and happiness!

    P.S Just a totally random comment but I also think you should write a book. Oh and if you do can you dedicate it to me Lol! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geeze I just totally hijacked your Blog! Lol xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Pink, you are a champion! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete