Monday, February 8, 2010

Thanks to Andrea..............

....... I decided to brave the local op-shops. We have 5 here. 1 I won't go to without The Mister (so won't get there this week) and the other 4 are in town. So far I have hit 2.

I did quite well - in amongst the "What in Hades?!" I found some good stuff. Actually, I found a lot of good stuff, just most of it not in my size. So far today I have acquired;

2 skirts - 1 needs the waistband elastic re-stitching - I can do that - $1.50 each
Pair of Rockmans wool pants - 50cents - need taking up - I can do that
Kmart brand shirt - very good quality $1
2 brand new blouses - utterly stunning - $5 each

I plan to head back out this afternoon to hit the other 2 shops. When the op-shopping Gods smile, you make the most of it, even if the day is a stinker, and you feel lousy.

I have deleted all the clothes from my eBay watchlist - I have now gotten sufficent clothing to hold the 'robe for a while.

Oh, and if you are wondering who Andrea is, she ha an amazing sense of style, and a gorgeous blog.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks gorgeous! I was pretty chuffed.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I'm glad you found some good bargains! :) And thank you.

    Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete