Thursday, March 18, 2010

My First Time...............

.........giving blood was this morning. I have always avoided it on medical advice - my blood pressure has a tendency to suddenly decide that it wants to go subterranean. My GP retired recently, and the new doctor told me that so long as I am careful I will be fine.

I am very excited about this, I think it's important to do what we can for those less fortunate. I have been a card-carrying organ donor for years, and regularly discuss the concept with my family.

I must admit though, when I saw how low my BP was (97 over 61), I understood why the doctor was wary. But the staff were lovely, they kept a close eye on me, and made me sit for a bit longer than normal afterwards, taking my BP again before I left.

I go back for Round 2 on June 10.

1 comment:

  1. Organ Donor - tick
    Blood Donor - haven't done it, know I should!
    Maybe next week ...

    ReplyDelete