Saturday, March 20, 2010

Oh, Be Hanged

It looks like we are going to have a hung parliament, with the Greens holding the balance of power.

This is my worst nightmare, even worst than the ALP being returned - this is the party who gave us Shreddergate, jobs for the boys, stripped funding from regional hospitals with the intent of building a super-hospital in the capital (which isn't happening, because there is no money left), and claimed ownership of the Hawks - they are NOT the Tassie Hawks, but the ALP's Hawks - the citizenry may claim them when they are winning, or when we want to pay money into the coffers of the Government and the club, but otherwise, no.

For the record, I voted Liberal, #1 vote went to the new guy, a local businessman who funded his own campaign, and was harpooned for it in the local papers, because, wait for it...................... he had more money to spend on advertising that some other candidates, and that made for a non-level playing field.  Oh the horror!

Pray for me.

1 comment:

  1. I don't trust politicians any more, Rosie. I seriously think they are all as bad as each other. I wish they would expend more energy running the country than opposing each other for the sake of opposing and trying to win votes. That's the impression I get about what they are actually doing.

    ReplyDelete