Friday, March 5, 2010

Stop the World, I Want to Get Off....

..........right freakin' NOW!!!

I often feel like the world is speeding up, and changing it's centre of gravity, and that I am always off balance. Lately it's getting worse. And the hits just keep coming.

Now I have that off my chest, I have a few things I'd like to discuss (duck).

Why do people congratulate ME when they find out I have a son in Law school? I am not the one doing it, he is. If he were an apprentice ditch digger, I would be equally proud. He is happy with his choice, and therefore so am I.

Why do people assume if I have bruises on my arms/legs, I am being belted by my husband? I bruise easily - sometimes shaking hands will leave bruises. The thing is, the people assuming these things are often people who know us both, and well. Strangers I will accept it from (the guys at the bar when I had my shiner as a f'rinstance), albeit grudgingly. I have walked away from friendships, family members and jobs because of abuse aimed at me, and marriage is not that sacred.

I have a heap of things I'd like to discuss, but I have 2 assignments due on Monday (which, wouldn't you know it, is a public holiday). So I should get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment