Saturday, March 6, 2010

Utterly Frustrated.....................

...........with where I am in my life.

I finally spoke to The Mister tonight about what has been causing me to fly off the handle of late - because it took me this long to work it out.

I think a large part of the problem is where I live (and by I I mean we). The things to do here are; Drink. Fight. Go to a movie. Go out to eat an average meal at a high price, to be pushed out the door to make way for the drinkers. Do drugs. Play the poker machines. Or a combination of all of the above.

I have a friend I see from time to time - our lives are chaotic, and our visits are rare - I will go over for a night when her youngest is with her dad, and we just hang out, drink pretend wine, and watch movies. Which is great for me, but not so much for her, she still sees the laundry waiting to be folded, the paperwork to be sorted, and all the crap we all want to escape.

People don't meet for lunch or dinner anymore here, they meet at the pub for a drink and to play the pokies. The cinema shows a maximum of 4 movies at any point in time, and they run for 3 or 4 weeks. The cost of a night at the movies for 2, with snacks, is well in excess of $50, and that's just seats, drinks and popcorn.

I want to be able to go meet a friend for a chat, over lunch, dinner, or yes, even a drink (I don't but, they can), without worrying about being tossed out to make way for the rowdies, or having to fight through a crowd of them to the safety of our car. Or having to listen to them during our meal.

Why is that too much to ask?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rosie, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving comments on a few posts. Hopefully the blogosphere provides some relief and an escape from all of what you have mentioned here, which it does for me. Takes me outside of my own little universe and allows me to connect with people I'd otherwise never meet - from around the globe.

    ReplyDelete