Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Why I am at Uni............

Yesterday, in one of our breaks, we were all discussing the classes we were taking.  Along with another woman, I announced my distaste for maps, and my dread of the compulsory Geography component of BRRM.  History, now there is something I would enjoy getting my teeth into.  Any region, any era, I don't care, I love history.

The discussion continued for a bit, and then another class member asked me what my 'burning passion'  was, in regards to why I chose this degree.  Most of the others have a clear idea of where they want to end up professionally and personally, and see this degree as a means to that end.

I chose this degree because it sounded interesting, like I would be able to stretch my brain, and not be compartmentalised. Beyond that - I actually don't have a clue. I have no grand plans to change the world. I'm doing it for fun. If I can change things for the better when I am done, well and good. If not, I'll settle for having a blast.

2 comments:

  1. What is your course Rosie ? Why Geography ? I couldn't think of anything worse than Geography ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steph :) It's a compulsory subject in the Bachelor of Regional Resource Management.

    On the upside, it is also going to count to the 1st year of my 2nd degree.......

    ReplyDelete