Sunday, February 20, 2011

Explaining myself............

Re-reading some of my more recent posts, I come across as whiny. Mainly about my clothes. So I thought I'd best clarify WHY I have nothing to wear, and why I'm just whinging, rather than doing something about it.

My husband and I are leaving this year, no later than December, earlier if we can, to travel the country for a minimum of 2 years, in a tent/campervan/something.

I have lost 10kg+ in the past 12 months (so 20+ pounds) and so have had to heave most of my clothes.  Which wouldn't be a problem, normally. I'd just go buy more. But, with the trip looming, and still losing weight, I have to stand back, and assess things.

How practical for travel will the item be? Is it something that will fit/look ok if I lose more weight?  Is it something I can lounge around a bush campsite, and walk city streets in? Does it pack down small?


So, that is the news, and the reason for my wardrobe woes.

3 comments:

  1. ah, whinge away! everyone has wardrobe woes - you can never find anything to wear you most need it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 2 years travelling sounds exciting! I'm having itchy feet now, haven't travelled anywhere since I got pregnant. Good luck with the preparations, I hope you get to find the best clothes in the right time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your travel plans sound exotic, adventurous and a lifetime milestone occurance!
    I say forget what you're wearing and have the best time!

    ReplyDelete