Monday, March 7, 2011

First visit to the shrink, and size 8 jeans

Didn't learn anything I didn't already know at the psychologists, but that's not why I am going.  I am going to learn how to put what I know into practice, to save my sanity, and quite possibly my marriage.  Seriously, how on Earth we aren't divorced yet is beyond me!

Yes, but the jeans, what about the jeans?! I hear you, so here's the scoop.

In recent months I have lost a lot of weight - a LOT - from around 80kg 18 months ago down to 60kg - a size 16 to a size 8-10.  I know this because all the clothes I owned were/are falling off.  A wee detour on the way home today scored me a pair of size 8 jeans, and a pair of size 9's too.  So not only do I have the first jeans I have owned in............. a very long time, they are size 8's (and a 9, but we're going with 8 because it sounds so much cooler, being the size I was some 22 years ago - pre-children).

Best bit? The 2 pairs together, in extraordinarily good order, cost me a massive $10.  That's 1/6 of the cheaper pair's retail price. Another good bit was hubby's approval as I showed them off when I got home.......

No comments:

Post a Comment