Friday, April 1, 2011

Style icons


We all have them, even the woefully unstylish amongst us (that would be me).  Audrey Hepburn is one of the most iconic, and universally adored. Jacki Kennedy Onassis is another.

While these women were very stylish, and extremely classy, they were/are a bit - bland - for my more exuberant tastes. I think Carla whats-it (French PM's wife and former model), who is often compared to Jackie O, and Princess Mary of Denmark are very well-dressed, and classy.  But they are also playing within the lines of what is expected.  I like unexpected.

Which is why I adore Kirsten Vangsness' sense of style, both on and off-screen.  She rocks everything she wears, breaks rules, makes new ones, and doesn't seem to care what others think - she clearly has fun with her style, and dresses for herself.

I also adore Dita von Teese' style - vintage femme. Like Ms Vangsness, she has found a look that works for her, and who she is, and goes with it, always.

Not everyone can pull off the looks that these women do - I couldn't do either.  Both take a lot of confidence, and a damn sight more 'I don't care' than I have.  And I think they are fabulous.

1 comment:

  1. Both Penelope and Dita are great at bringing fun back to clothes! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete