Thursday, October 15, 2015

Lifestyle Choices

As I sit here, procrastinating, I am contemplating the choices we make about our lifestyles.

Many people say they envy us the ability to go wherever, whenever.  But do they really?  I wonder.

While we have freedom, we don't have security - if our 'house' breaks down on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere, we are in deep.  And yet, I wouldn't trade it for the world.  This I know.

A few weeks ago, we were offered a flat, all expenses paid, fully furnished.  Cost to us - nada.  We went and had a look - it was lovely.  And yet, the idea of living in it gave me cold sweats.

Not for me, the Great Australian Dream of home ownership.  I have always thought of owning a house as a more of an albatross than anything else - it ties you down, and stifles you.  My experiences thus far have confirmed this; once you own a house, you are stuck.  You have security, but no freedom.

For myself, I'll take freedom.  I've had security, and it sucks royally.

No comments:

Post a Comment