So, it's 2016, everyone is making themselves promises in the form of resolutions. I'm not; resolutions are made to be broken. I'll do what I need to, when I need to. Or when I decide to, whichever way it goes, it's fine. So long as things get done.
I'd rather use the New Year to reflect on what I learnt in the past year. Far more beneficial than making a bunch of promises I am never going to keep. I can see where I came from, and that I did in fact achieve something. Far better for my mental and emotional health than looking back and seeing all the areas I failed in (or thought I failed in).
So, as we move forward into 2016, let us look back over 2015, and see what I discovered about myself and the world.
1. I am still strong. All the crap that saw me start this blog may have *almost* broken me, but it didn't. Recovery was slow, and is continuing, but I survived.
2. Amy Schumer can catch a dick anytime she wants. I don't know who she is, but good for her.
3. That there IS light out there. My issue was that I was looking for a sun, when I should have been looking for stars.
4. Other people just plain don't matter. I knew this before, but this year really drove it home. No matter who they are, no matter how much you love them/they love you, YOU are #1. If you aren't happy, something has to change.
5. Racism is getting worse in this country. Where once it was almost hidden, except from those who were targets, or like-minded souls, it is now everywhere. And it is seen by a lot of people as justifiable!!
6. I found out why I bruise so badly at times. I have a platelet disfunction disorder; a particular platelet in my blood doesn't work properly, but only occassionally. It has no specific name, which is irritating, but at least I can say 'There IS something real here'. I also know what medications I cannot take, and that giving blood is not a good idea.
7. I also found out that, while there are a lot of arsehats out there, there are also good people. Still. Coming on the road has exposed me to a lot of different people, and I have made some great friends. I've also met an incredible amount of tossers.
8. I really, really do not like driving. I remember now why I put off getting a licence for so long. I despise driving. Second-guessing tossers is not my idea of a good time. And there is something about a 1+ ton metal box that can turn the most reasonable human being into a complete wanker. And I am supposed to thing for me, and them?!
9. I've become even more convinced that there is still magic in the world. I don't care that we can explain the auroras, fairie rings, thunder and lightning through science. I don't care that whitecaps aren't Neptune driving his horses hard. If believing in magic makes me happy (which it does) I am going to do it. Anyone who doesn't like it, can get stuffed. So long as I don't hurt anyone, it's no-one's business but mine.
20 hours ago